Last updated on July 4, 2018
Ancient civilizations were well aware of the benefits cannabis has for treating human ailments. It’s been used for thousands of years and it’s only been in the last 100 years or so that any real regulation has been put on it. Thankfully, there are options that retain the benefits of cannabis without the psychoactive side effects in the form of CBD oil. And there are many potential benefits of CBD oil.
Ultimate List of the Benefits of CBD Oil
There is no denying that cannabis and the products that are derived from it may have health benefits. Even mainstream magazines, news outlets and credible medical communities are starting to acknowledge the benefits of medical marijuana and CBD oil.
The benefits of CBD oil are still being explored and discovered, especially because any use of the cannabis plant has been illegal for so long. Our medieval ancestors understood the value cannabis could offer for health and wellness. Now it’s our turn to pick up the torch and explore and share a natural solution to many common ailments.
I’m a firm believer in employing natural relief whenever possible. It doesn’t mean that I don’t think there is a place for modern medicine, It means that I think we should find a balance that allows us to be as healthy as possible.
This list of benefits of CBD oil is based upon my research and findings that other people have reported. I’m so new to the topic, and honestly I haven’t even purchased my first CBD oil product yet. Although my sister has and has been raving about it. Remember, I am not a doctor and this information is for reference only. It is not to be used to treat or diagnose any condition, please consult your physician.
Benefits of CBD Oil
Below are 51 potential benefits of CBD oil*. For each of these, I would read them with the word “might” or “may” in front them.
- Reduces anxiety
- Pain relief
- Relieves heart disease
- Reduces the risk of developing diabetes
- Anti-seizure properties
- Relieves nausea
- Reduces vomiting during chemotherapy
- Relieves and reduces inflammation
- Reduces manic phases of bipolar disorder
- Relieves motion sickness
- Kills cancer cells
- Relieves headaches and offers migraine relief
- Reduces pain from arthritis
- Slows the progression of Huntingtons Disease
- Relieves neuropathic pain
- Stimulates appetite for anorexia and other eating disorders
- Promotes a healthy weight
- Relieves multiple sclerosis pain
- Reduces psychotic symptoms in people with schizophrenia
- Relieves symptoms of Parkinson’s disease
- Improves language skills in children with autism
- Reduces muscle spasticity for people with multiple sclerosis
- Treats insomnia
- Delay progression and prolong survival in ALS patients
- Improves the symptoms of neurodegenerative conditions
- Reduces post-traumatic stress symptoms
- Increases bone mass for osteoporosis sufferers
- Improves symptoms of sickle cell anemia
- Helps smokers quit cigarettes
- Slows the progression of glaucoma
- Alleviates kidney disease symptoms
- Acts as an antioxidant
- Eases the symptoms of liver disease
- Reduces acne
- Relieves digestive issues including IBS
- Reduction of fibromyalgia symptoms
- Lowers blood pressure
- Relieves metabolic syndrome
- Reduces morphine and heroin dependence in drug addicts
- Reduce symptoms of obsessive-compulsive disorder
- Prevent Alzheimer’s disease symptoms
- Relieves stress
- Increases focus and concentration for ADD and ADHD sufferers
- Improves immunity for HIV patients
- Relieves asthma symptoms
- Regulates endocrine disorders
- Menstrual cramp relief
- Improves skin conditions and diseases
- Restore nerve functions for spinal cord injuries
- Improved brain health for stroke relief
Many of these alleged benefits of CBD oil are based upon studies that haven’t even involved humans yet. But the studies are promising and show positive effects in so many areas of human health and wellness.
Homeopathic remedies like CBD oil still need to be tested to not only determine their effectiveness, but also to determine their safety. Just because something is natural, doesn’t make it safe for human use. Plenty of natural things are dangerous or poisonous or have side effects that may be worse than the positive benefits. So it’s important that these studies are performed and that you pay attention to the research.
It’s especially important to pay attention to the research for CBD oil use with children and pets. So many people use essential oils with pets around and not all essential oils are safe for your furry family members. Definitely err on the side of caution and consult a doctor or your pet’s veterinarian before using any homeopathic remedy, CBD oil or otherwise.
Over time, I plan on exploring each and every one of those benefits further, citing research where I can and providing first-hand experiences whenever possible.
*No information on this site should be used to diagnose, treat, prevent or cure any disease or condition.